DebtX is very serious about website security. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure that unauthorized users cannot access secure site pages or proprietary or personal data. These technologies and techniques include:
- SSL 128-bit encryption
- Password protection
- Strong passwords
- Password aging
- Repeated failure lockout
- Secure firewalls
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Automatic session time-out
To ensure secure encrypted access to the website, we require our customers to utilize one of the following newer generation of web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 15 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher (9+ recommended)
- Apple Safari 6 or higher
- Google Chrome 22 or higher
The DebtX website makes minimal use of “pop-up” windows to display offering documents and security-related information. Certain pop-up blockers can prevent these windows from displaying properly. Please ensure that your pop-up blocker is configured to allow all pop-up windows from DebtX.com web pages.
Your password is your private, secure “key” to enter DebtX.com. Never share your password with anyone and be sure to change it periodically. You can change your password at any time via the Personal Information page.
The password rules for the DebtX.com website are as follows:
- Must be at least eight (8) characters long.
- Must contain at least one upper-case letter, one lower-case letter, and one non-letter.
- All DebtX.com passwords expire after 60 days. When your password expires, you will be prompted to provide a new password.
- Previous ten (10) passwords cannot be reused for a period of 450 days after they are initially specified.
- User accounts are locked after three (3) consecutive failed log on attempts.
After you have finished using DebtX.com, please be sure to manually log out. This will prevent someone else from accessing your account if you leave your computer and your session has not timed-out.
After user log on, all network traffic is encrypted via 128-bit SSL. You can verify if the browser is working in secure encrypted mode:
- Firefox – the background color of the address bar changes to yellow (when using default skin).
- Internet Explorer – locked padlock icon appears in the bottom left corner of your browser window.
- Safari – locked padlock icon appears on upper right of window.
- Chrome – locked padlock icon appears in address bar.
If you have any problems or concerns related to DebtX.com, please contact support at 1-617-531-3400.