JUNIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST
As part of our Analytics Team, the Junior Quantitative Analyst provides basic quantitative analysis and support, develops spreadsheets and assists with statistical analysis and valuation of various types of loans. This position also interacts with our trading and development teams to assist in the identification of key data elements for use in the asset pricing models.
- Assist in the development and operation of quantitative models to predict mark-to-market prices of residential, commercial, consumer and C&I loans.
- Develop proficiency with proprietary trading database and tools to pull and analyze data for use in the statistical research and analysis.
- Provide basic programming support in R, SQL and/or VBA/Excel as needed.
- Produce loan portfolio valuation reports, stress testing and analysis.
- Provide and automate data scrubbing functions, as necessary.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or other program that is technical and quantitative in nature.
- Advanced Excel skills with VBA, R and/or SQL programming experience.
- Familiarity with various statistical software packages.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other data visualization products.
- 1-3 years of financial industry experience, preferably in credit analysis or risk management arena.
- Demonstrable basic financial acumen.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to dissect quantitative and qualitative information.
- Passion and desire to work in a dynamic setting and culture of learning.
SENIOR LOAN SALES DIRECTOR – Los Angeles, Orange County or San Francisco
DebtX is seeking senior sales candidates to establish, maintain and develop relationships with customers and qualified prospects for DebtX services reporting to the Western Regional Manager in San Mateo, CA.
The ideal candidate will have established industry contacts and a willingness to prospect and cold call potential customers. The candidate will be responsible for evaluating, pricing and structuring potential transactions, negotiating engagement terms, and overseeing all aspects of the customer relationship.
The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ experience sourcing CRE or commercial loans for banks, be results oriented, work with a sense of urgency, and think creatively to develop and close opportunities. Candidates must be experienced in lending including commercial real estate or commercial lending; business development experience is a plus. Significant travel required.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
The Debt Exchange, Inc. (“DebtX”) serves commercial banks, government agencies and other financial institutions, providing products and services to participants in some of the most dynamic global credit markets.
DebtX provides a competitive salary and generous benefit package, which includes medical, vision & dental, life insurance, long & short-term disability, long-term health care insurance, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, and a 401K retirement plan with a company match.
It is the policy of The Debt Exchange, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, military status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, disability status, gender, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Debt Exchange, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by calling 617-531-3434 or emailing CandidateAccomodation@debtx.com.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. For more information on each of the policies, click the corresponding image below.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career with DebtX, send your resume along with a cover letter to careers@DebtX.com or fax to 617-531-3499.
DebtX. Meeting institutions’ portfolio management and liquidity needs since 2000.